Preparing for Your First Office Visit
The following information will help you better prepare for your first office visit after your baby has arrived:
- If you have not done so already, call to schedule your first visit now that your baby has arrived. We recommend that this appointment be made within the first two weeks after birth. Snellville Pediatrics follows the well-check guidelines established by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Call 770-972-0860 to schedule. When you make your appointment, the scheduler will direct you to the specific suite where you can check-in. We have two suites where we see patients so be sure to write down the suite number given to you.
- Try to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. When you arrive, you will be asked to complete a few patient forms on a tablet. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please try to provide 24 hours’ notice. We will try to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions about your baby’s first visit, please contact our Triage Team at 678-775-1504. One of our Triage Team members will be glad to assist you.
- In addition to completing the forms when you arrive, please bring your insurance card and identification with you. It is important for you to bring this information each time you visit Snellville Pediatrics whether you see the pediatrician or one of our pediatric nurse practitioners.
- Please notify your insurance carrier that your baby has arrived.
- We participate with most HMO and PPO insurance companies and as a convenience to you, we will verify your insurance using the information you provide when you schedule your appointment.
- If we are unable to verify your insurance, you will be responsible for payment in full at the time of the visit. Co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles are also due at the time of visit.
- Also, please refer to your insurance handbook for specific benefits (what your insurance covers and pays) and limitations (what your insurance does not cover or pay) of your health insurance policy.
- There is convenient, free parking available in front of the medical professional building.